मैक्सिकन नाचो सूप (Mexican Nacho Soup, Veg Recipe) by Tarla Dalal
Mexican Nacho Soup,
Recipe Link: http://www.tarladalal.com/Mexican-Nacho-Soup-30986r
Subscribe : http://goo.gl/omhUio
Tarla Dalal App: http://www.tarladalal.com/free-recipe-app.aspx
YouTube Channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/TarlaDalalsKitchen/featured
Google Plus: https://plus.google.com/107883620848727803776
Mexican Nacho Soup
A bowlful that’s packed with fun! The Mexican Nacho Soup features sweet corn in a wonderfully tangy tomato base pepped up with a dash of garlic and red chillies. But, what makes this soup a real topper is the garnish of nachos and cheese, which makes it truly, truly a-w-e-s-o-m-e. You will enjoy the crunch of nachos, the gooeyness of cheese, a bit of tanginess, juiciness, spice… in every spoonful of this soup. Indeed, it’s an experience to savour.
Preparation Time: 15 minutes.
Cooking Time: 22 minutes.
1 cup boiled sweet corn kernels (makai ke dane)
4 cups roughly chopped tomatoes
2 tbsp butter
1½ tsp chopped garlic (lehsun)
¼ cup chopped onions
1 tbsp cornflour
2 tsp dry red chilli flakes
2 tsp sugar
Salt to taste
1 cup nacho chips, broken into pieces
2 tbsp grated processed cheese
1. Combine the cornflour and ½ cup of water in a deep bowl and mix well. Keep aside.
2. Combine the 2 cups of water and tomatoes in a deep non-stick pan, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 10 to 12 minutes, while stirring occasionally.
3. Cool completely and blend in a mixer till smooth.
4. Strain the tomato pulp using a strainer and keep aside.
5. Heat the butter in a deep non-stick pan, add the garlic and onions and sauté on a medium flame for 1 to 2 minutes.
6. Add the tomato pulp and cornflour-water mixture, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 5 minutes, while stirring occasionally.
7. Add the corn, chilli flakes, sugar and salt, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 1 to 2 minutes, while stirring occasionally. Keep aside.
8. Just before serving, pour equal quantities of the soup into 4 individual bowls and sprinkle ¼th of broken nacho chips and ½ tbsp of cheese over it.