How to Grow Sprouts | Lentils Sprouts Recipe | How to Grow Sprouts at Home | Nehas Cookhouse
Sprouted lentils and grams are abundant source of proteins and specifically important for vegetarians and vegans who lack proteins in their diet. They are good source of dietary fiber and multiple vitamins and the best super food you can have at home. Sprouts are extremely nutritious and can be eaten in salad and sabzi. Its advisable to cook or steam them a little before eating which kills any harmful bacteria and also enhances the taste. They are best source of proteins so give it to your kids for their healthy growth.
Sprouted Moong Dal, Sprouted Chana, Sprouted Grams
½ cup Grams (aksa Chana)
½ cup Green Lentils (aka Moong Dal)
1. So lets start making sprouts for this I have ½ cup Moong lentils and ½ cup Grams. Now first wash lentils and grams thoroughly in water. I have washed them 2-3 times just to make sure they are cleaned properly. Also make sure to remove any unwanted impurity like hard stones. Now completely fill lentils container with water, I usually use at least three times water. Do the same with grams. Now let them soak for 6-8 hours.
2. Now its been 8 hours and you can see their size has increased a little, now drain all water and again wash them properly. If you want you can also use a colander to drain water, its little bit easier this way. Similarly wash and drain all water from grams.
3. Once we have drained all water, let’s see how to grow sprouts. I will show you three ways. First is very simple, just put the lentils in a bowl and cover it with a lid but don’t close it too tightly. Just leave some space for air to pass through bowl.
4. The second way is to take a damp and clean cotton napkin or kitchen towel. Now put all grams in it and make a knot like this or you can use a rubber band to close it. Now leave it like this in a bowl.
5. The third way is to take a damp and clean kitchen towel or napkin, now cover the bowl with it like this or use a rubber band to close it.
6. The most important thing to grow perfect sprouts is to place bowl in a warm place for 12-14 hrs, because the sprouts grow in humid environment. Second thing is to keep sprinkling some water over them to keep them wet but don’t mix or disturb them.
7. After 12 hrs lets check them, you can see little sprouts have sprung up in lentils, now lets open gram inside kitchen towel, you can notice they too have got little sprouts. In cold places it can take even more than 24 hours to grow sprouts of this much size. Now transfer them again in a bowl and wash them properly and again cover them and place in warm area as we did earlier. We washed them again in fresh water to avoid any bacteria growth. It will take atleast 24 more hours to sprout them fully. Just make sure to keep washing and draining them every 12 hrs.
8. After 24 hours lets check them again, you can see lentils have sprouted so well, now lets open grams, they have also sprouted very well. So now they are ready. In total it took around 2 ½ days to sprout fully like this.
Tips n Tricks:
1. The most important thing to grow perfect sprouts is to place bowl in a warm place for 12-14 hrs, because the sprouts grow in humid environment.
2. Second thing is to keep sprinkling some water over them to keep them wet but don’t mix or disturb them.
Follow Nehas Cookhouse:
Y O U T U B E https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCxHIVYIG0I_-kYip98ZZ4gw?sub_confirmation=1
T W I T T E R https://twitter.com/NehasCookhouse
F A C E B O O K https://www.facebook.com/NehasCookhouse/
P I N T E R E S T https://www.pinterest.com/nehascookhouse/
I N S T A G R A M https://www.instagram.com/nehascookhouse/?hl=en
G O O G L E + https://plus.google.com/u/1/116224268814557926205/posts
Easy Lemon Kevin MacLeod (incompetech.com)
Licensed under Creative Commons: By Attribution 3.0 License