Healthy SPINACH SALAD recipe!
Ep.42 – This SPINACH SALAD RECIPE contains an assortment of my favorite ingredients – lightly pickled fennel and carrots, seeds, nuts and even mango – all tossed in a creamy dressing.
Making this SPINACH SALAD recipe need not be a complicated affair. I suggest keeping it as straightforward as possible with readily available ingredients and basic preparation, it’s just toss and serve.
Here are a few things to consider:
1) BABY SPINACH – This essential salad green is loaded with vitamins A and C, as well as calcium. It’s now available packaged as “ready-to-serve”, but I always suggest rinsing and spinning all greens before use. I speak from experience – nothing can turn you off of a potentially delicious salad more than biting into grit or sand.
2) PICKLE IT – Prepping the fennel and carrot into julienne or matchstick-size, then dropping them into a bath of cold water and seasoned rice wine vinegar adds crunch and a tangy sweetness to your vegetables.
3) MORE VEGETABLES – I used cucumber and red pepper because I had them on hand, but feel free to empty your vegetable drawer and add even more fresh flavours to your salad.
4) NUTS AND SEEDS – Just like the veggies, I used pumpkin and sunflower seeds, along with chopped walnuts, because I had them in the pantry. These three also happen to be loaded with protein. Together with the recipe’s hard-boiled egg, these ingredients help make this salad a complete meal.
5) DRESSING – I like this simple dressing. I added a smoked paprika at the end although the recipe is equally wonderful without – you decide.
What could be more delicious than a salad that ranks high on the healthy-good-eats scale and low on the preparation and fuss scale? This SPINACH SALAD recipe is the perfect toss and serve for your next meal.
For more great ideas and recipes please visit us at www.weekendatthecottage.com
You can also find us as follows:
Facebook – https://www.facebook.com/weekendatthe…
Twitter – https://twitter.com/WATCfood/
Instagram – https://www.instagram.com/weekendatth…
Pinterest – https://www.pinterest.com/weekendcott…
THANKS FOR WATCHING!
#foodlovers #foodart #foodspotting #foodshare #foodlove #hungry #foodtime #healthyfood #healthy #healthyliving #lowcarb #instagram #detoxkur