Brussels Sprouts Salad Recipe | Harris Farm Markets
Crispy Roast Brussels Sprouts Salad with Pearl Couscous | http://bit.ly/2rSmqpR
Prep time: 10min | Cook time: 30min | Serves: 4-6
• 600g brussels sprouts, stems trimmed and halved
• 2 tbsp. olive oil
• 1 tsp. flaky sea salt
• 2.5 tbsp. finely grated Parmesan cheese
• 1/2 tsp. dried chilli flakes, optional
• zest from one lemon
FOR THE SALAD:
• 150g pearl couscous, cooked according to package instructions*
• 100g toasted walnuts(about 30-50g), optional
• 2 tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
• juice of half a lemon
• Preheat oven to 210 °C
• Toss the halved brussles sprouts with the olive oil and salt, then spread onto a baking sheet lined
with baking paper in a single layer. Roast in the hot oven for 10 minutes, until edges are just
beginning to brown.
• Remove the brussels sprouts from the oven, sprinkle with the Parmesan cheese, chilli flakes and
lemon zest, then return to the oven to continue roasting for a further 15 minutes, until deep
golden brown and caramelised.
• In a large bowl, spread the cooked pearl couscous, then top with the warm roasted brussels
sprouts and sprinkle with the walnuts and the alfalfa sprouts (if using). Drizzle with the extra
virgin olive oil and lemon juice, then serve immediately while still warm.
* You may use regular couscous or any cooked grain you like in place of the pearl couscous.
Created by Matters of the Belly in collaboration with Harris Farm Markets.