होल व्हीट सलाद रैप (Whole Wheat Salad Wrap) by Tarla Dalal
Whole Wheat Salad Wrap, no-fuss,simple and nutritious wrap!!
Recipe link : http://www.tarladalal.com/Whole-Wheat-Salad-Wrap-%28-Wraps-and-Rolls%29-32677r
Subscribe : http://goo.gl/omhUio
Tarla Dalal App: http://www.tarladalal.com/free-recipe-app.aspx
YouTube Channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/TarlaDalalsKitchen/featured
Google Plus: https://plus.google.com/107883620848727803776
Tarla Dalal Blogspot: http://tarladalal.blogspot.in/
Whole Wheat Salad Wrap
I love this one because it is simple and nutritious! this no-fuss wrap is rich in anti-oxidant rich veggies like tomatoes, spring onions, carrots, bean sprouts and lettuce that help reverse ageing. Not only is this wrap nutritious, it is also luscious due to presence of fresh herbs like coriander and mint. Wrap it up in a spinach roti for that fresh green look!
Preparation Time: 15 minutes
Makes 4 wraps
For The Roti
1 cup whole wheat flour (gehun ka atta)
1 tbsp oil
a pinch of salt
whole wheat flour (gehun ka atta) for rolling
For The Tomato-garlic Chutney
2 tsp oil
1/4 cup finely chopped spring onions whites
1 tbsp finely chopped garlic (lehsun)
3 whole dry kashmiri red chillies , soaked ,
drained and chopped
1 cup finely chopped tomatoes
1 tbsp tomato ketchup
1 tbsp finely chopped spring onion greens
1 tbsp finely chopped coriander (dhania)
salt to taste
To Be Mixed Into A Salad
1 cup shredded lettuce
1/2 cup thinly sliced tomatoes
1/2 cup bean sprouts
1/2 cup thinly sliced spring onions whites
1/2 cup thinly sliced carrots
2 tbsp finely chopped coriander (dhania)
2 tbsp finely chopped mint leaves (phudina) leaves
salt to taste
1/2 tsp roasted cumin seeds (jeera) powder
1/2 tsp lemon juice
4 tbsp mayonnaise
For the roti
1. Combine all the ingredients in a bowl and knead into a soft dough using
enough water. Keep aside.
2. Divide the dough into 4 equal portions and roll out each portion into 200 mm.
(8″) diameter circle using a little flour.
3. Heat a non-stick tava (griddle) and lightly cook the rotis on both the sides.
For the tomato-garlic chutney
1. Heat the oil in a broad non-stick pan, add the onions and sauté on a medium flame
for 1 to 2 minutes.
2. Add the garlic, kashmiri chillies and sauté on a medium flame for 1 to 2 minutes.
3. Add the tomatoes and approx. 2 to 3 tbsp water, mix well and cook on a
medium flame for 5 to 7 minutes, while stirring occasionally.
4. Add the tomato ketchup, spring onion greens, coriander and salt, mix well and
cook on a medium flame for 1 to 2 minutes. Use a potato masher to lightly mash
the mixture and keep aside.
How to proceed
1. Just before serving, warm a roti on a non-stick tava.
2. Place the roti on a clean dry surface and spread 2 tbsp of the tomato-garlic
chutney evenly over it.
3. Arrange 1/4 th of the salad and spread 1 tbsp of mayonnaise in a row in the centre
of the roti and roll it up tightly.
4. Repeat with the remaining ingredients to make 3 more wraps.
5. Serve immediately.