Quick & Easy Okonomiyaki Recipe!
In this easy recipe, we will teach you how to make Okonomiyaki in the fastest way possible. This method is similar to the Osaka Okonomiyaki style but with the bacon mixed into the batter, rather than lined up side by side on top of the Okonomiyaki.
100g Okonomiyaki Mix
300g or ¼ of a Cabbage (Finely diced and shredded)
150g Streaky Bacon (Diced)
2 Spring Onion (Finely Chopped)
QP (Kewpie) Mayonnaise Sauce
1 tbsp Oil
Serving: 2 (About 4 to 5 medium sized pancakes)
Quick and Easy Okonomiyaki Method
1. Stir together the Okonomiyaki Mix, water, eggs and spring onion in a relatively large bowl.
2. Stir in the finely diced and shredded cabbage, along with the diced streaky bacon.
3. Heat up the oil in a pan using medium heat.
4. Spoon in about 3-4 large scoops of your Okonomiyaki mixture onto the pan, making sure to make a circular shape with a height of about 1cm.
5. Let the Okonomiyaki mixture cook through for 4-5 mins.
6. Flip the Okonomiyaki and let the mixture cook for another 4-5 mins.
7. You can use a spatula to ‘cut’ through the Okonomiyaki in the pan or you can remove the Okonomiyaki and cut on a cutting board.
8. Spread the Okonomi Sauce in a spiral motion and the QP (Kewpie) Mayonnaise in a zig zag motion.
Preparation time: 10 minutes.
Cooking time: 20-30 minutes.
Please visit www.easterndragon.co.nz for more information!
Music (via vimeo.com/musicstore):
08 The Beach! The Beach!
09 Le petit jardin (with Les Gauchers Orchestra)