Zucchini and Squash Side Dish Recipe
Enjoy this summer Zucchini and Yellow Squash vegetable side dish in delicious creamy sauce great to eat with rice, pasta or bread or just as it is.
½ Swede or sweet potato
1 tbsp. oil
2 garlic cloves
1 chicken stock cube
1 ½ cup coconut milk
ground black pepper to taste
1 ½ Zucchini
½ tablespoon oil to stir fry
salt to taste
1. Cut the squash into half, remove the seeds inside and peel off the skins, cut the squash into chunks. Peel swede if using, peel off the skin and cut into chunks.
2. Heat oil in a pan, fry onions until golden brown, add garlic and fry for 1 minute.
3. Pour in stock, coconut milk, water in the pan, bring to the boil. Put in the squash and swede lower to simmer. Cook for around 15 -20 minutes until it’s firm and soft.
4. Cut Zucchini into chunks, pour a little oil in a frying pan, and stir fry Zucchini for 2 minutes. Add the Zucchini to the yellow squash mixture.
5. Serve side dish with rice, pasta or bread.
Try using other vegetables as well, use swede instead of yellow squash.
Please watch: “Fried Fish Panko BreadCrumbs”