Paneer Butter Masala recipe
Recipe for Paneer butter masala – A north indian curry made with rich gravy and cottage cheese.
Paneer Butter Masala
Making paneer butter masala is a breeze if you keep all the 4 paste ready.
Onion Paste -Remove the skin, chop the onion into 4 pieces and boil them in water for 10 minutes. Drain the water and grind it to a paste
Tomato puree – put tomatoes in boiling water and close it. After 10 minutes, drain the water, remove the skin and puree the tomatoes.
Cashew nut paste – Soak 2 tbsp of cashew nuts in hot water for 15 minutes and grind it to a paste
200gms paneer or cottage cheese
2 onions (boiled in ½ cup of water and pureed)
20 cashew nuts made in to paste
Ginger garlic and Green Chilli paste
1 tsp red chilli powder
½ tsp turmeric powder
1 tsp coriander powder
Whole garam masala – ( Cinnamon -1 inch piece, cloves- 2, cardamom -1)2 tsp tomato puree
2 tsp fresh cream
1. Heat 2 oil, add whole garam masala, when it splutters , add onion paste and saute till it becomes golden brown, then add ginger garlic and green chilli paste and saute for some more time.
2. Then add cashew nut paste and saute nicely for a few minutes till the raw smell goes.
3. Then add tomato puree and add dry spices. (turmeric powder, red chilli powder, coriander powder) add little bit of salt. Cook till the raw smell of the tomato goes and it starts leaving oil .
4. Add the paneer cubes to the cooked tomato paste.
5. Garnish with fresh cream, chopped coriander and serve with pulao or roti or chapati.