3 QUICK & TASTY EID DESSERT IDEAS | Shamsa
In this video, I share 3 quick and tasty recipe ideas for Eid desserts. Sometimes it is chaotic on Eid with family and friends visiting, and you just need a quick dessert to make things easier. I hope the following recipes give you some ideas 🙂
These desserts require no baking and couldn’t be simpler.
Custard and Peach Flan
– Sponge Flan Case
– One sachet Instant Custard Mix (~80g)
– 300ml Double Cream
– 100ml Boiling Water
– Tin of Peach Slices
– Choco Writer Tube (optional)
– Add the custard mix and boiling water to a mixing bowl and whisk until smooth and creamy.
– Add in the double cream and whisk well until thick and creamy.
– Pour the custard/cream mixture into the flan and spread evenly. –
Chill for one hour (or until the mixture is stiffer).
– Decorate the flan with peach slices and write an Eid message on the centre of the flan.
– Enjoy 🙂
Fresh Fruit and Cream Cake
– Madeira Cake x 2
– 300ml Double Cream
– 50g Icing Sugar
– Strawberries (sliced)
– Cut the Madeira cakes to ensure that they are the same size, and stack one on top of the other.
– Whisk the double cream with icing sugar in a large bowl until the –
mixture is thick and forms soft peaks.
– Spread a layer of the cream topping over the top of one cake, and top with the strawberry slices.
– Spread a layer of cream over the bottom of the other cake, and sandwich the strawberries by placing the cake on top of the other cake.
– Cover the entire cake with the cream topping in an even layer. –
Decorate with the strawberry slices.
– Serve and enjoy 🙂
Fruit Cocktail Delight
– Fruit Cocktails tins x 2 (in light syrup)
– Digestive Biscuits
– Evaporated Milk
– Meringue Nests
– Using a sieve, drain the fruit cocktail tins into a bowl to separate the fruit cocktail from the light syrup.
– Break the digestive biscuits into large pieces and create a layer of the broken biscuits in a large serving bowl.
– Pour some of the light syrup over the biscuits (make sure you don’t add too much syrup as it will make the biscuits soggy).
– Add an even layer of fruit cocktail.
– Pour over some evaporated milk.
– Break up the meringue nests, and add a layer over the fruit cocktail.
– Repeat the above process until the serving bowl is filled to the top.
– Serve and enjoy 🙂
Full recipe on my blog: http://officiallyshamsa.co.uk/2017/06/21/3-quick-tasty-eid-dessert-ideas/
I am fundraising! Please donate whatever you can: https://crowdfunding.justgiving.com/amina-bashir-2
Salaam and hello everyone, and welcome to my channel!
My name is Shamsa, I am a 35 yr old (at the time of writing this) mum of four, happily married to my husband Aqil.
I am a Muslim YouTuber/blogger/vlogger, and my videos consist of vlogs, advice videos, lifestyle, haul and style videos.
I have a bit of a crazy sense of humour, so if you like to laugh be sure to subscribe as I am currently uploading videos daily.
I guess the thing that makes me and my family unique is that Aqil and I are an interracial couple. Aqil is from Angola and I am Pakistani. We are both Muslim (he is a revert to Islam) and the beauty of Islam is that colour or race is not an issue 🙂
If you are a foodie, you will love my recipe channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCRV1TQCooGAZJYR-DIL5olw
Subscribe to my YouTube channel: http://youtube.com/user/iamsogood55?sub_confirmation=1
Like my Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/officiallyshamsa
Follow me on Twitter: https://twitter.com/shamsa_official
My blog: http://officiallyshamsa.co.uk/
Buy my hijabs from: http://deeninspired.co.uk
Equipment I use
Main camera – Nikon D5200: https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/search/ref=as_li_qf_sp_sr_il_tl?ie=UTF8&camp=1634&creative=6738&index=aps&keywords=B00A2MSZUI&linkCode=as2&tag=realmusl-21
Lens – Nikon AF-S DX Zoom-Nikkor 18-55mm 1:3.5-5.6G ED II: https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/search/ref=as_li_qf_sp_sr_il_tl?ie=UTF8&camp=1634&creative=6738&index=aps&keywords=B000LWJ1ES&linkCode=as2&tag=realmusl-21
Microphone – RODE VideoMic: https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/search/ref=as_li_qf_sp_sr_il_tl?ie=UTF8&camp=1634&creative=6738&index=aps&keywords=B00CAE8PM4&linkCode=as2&tag=realmusl-21
Vlogging Camera – Canon Powershot SX610 HS Point and Shoot Digital Camera: https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/search/ref=as_li_qf_sp_sr_il_tl?ie=UTF8&camp=1634&creative=6738&index=aps&keywords=B00RVC8S5O&linkCode=as2&tag=realmusl-21