Keto Upma (Indian Breakfast Dish) | Keto Recipes | Headbanger’s Kitchen
One of the things I hear most often from people is that they are sick of eating eggs for breakfast and want a change. So today I decided to recreate a popular vegetarian, south Indian breakfast item called Upman which is originally made from semolina and of course we’re making a keto version of it and we’re using cauliflower. Trust me though, you will love it.
Get the BBQ Sauce Recipe here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XEV65p4Ld8w&index=9&list=PLjfmJ_cu2bt73KUc_5KXIKXWn9AW6VO7A
If you like the show, support us on Patreon: http://patreon.com/headbangerskitchen
Or buy some HK merch
USA Merch Store: https://teespring.com/stores/headbangers-kitchen
India Store (T-Shirts): https://www.redwolf.in/headbangers-kitchen
India Store (Mugs): http://todphod.com/product/headbangers-kitchen-mug/
SUBSCRIBE to Headbanger’s Kitchen here : https://goo.gl/zNENs3
Follow us on our new Facebook page www.facebook.com/headbangerskitchen
We’re @headbangerskitchen on Instagram and @HKTweets666 on Twitter.
New Facebook Group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/headbangerskitchenketorecipes/
My MFP Account: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/profile/demonstealer
Get the recipe on MFP: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/recipe/view/164795374169981
Macros per serving
Net Carbs: 6g
Recipe makes 2 servings. Or it could be 1 big serving. Depending on how much you eat.
– 200 grams Cauliflower
– 2 Tbsp Ghee/Oil Butter
– 20 grams Peanuts
– 5 grams ginger
– 50 grams Onion
– 4-5 Curry Leaves
– 1 Tsp Cumin Seeds
– 1 Tsp Mustard Seeds
– 1 Green Chilly (Chop for maximum spice)
– Coriander for garnish
1. Blitz the cauliflower florets in a food processor with the blade attachment to get a cous cous type consistency
2. Head 2 tbsp ghee in a kadahi/wok/frying pan and add in the mustard seeds and cumin.
3. Once they start to sizzle add in the onion, curry leaves, ginger and chilly and season with salt
4. Fry the onions till they are translucent and just start colouring.
5. Add in the cauliflower and fry for a few minutes
6. Add a cup of water and cover and cook for 10 minutes
7. Keep checking and stirring every few minutes to ensure nothing sticks.
8. Cook till the water dries up and finish with fresh coriander.